Companies and business houses do not always manage to keep track of all their assets, even though the total worth of the assets may run into millions. This also leads to financial losses for the company.
GPS can also be used for asset tracking. GPS tracking solution offer many advantages such as:
• Assets can be tracked by address, name, or company
• The depreciation value of an asset can be calculated very easily
• The costs and expenses of assets can be estimated
• Detailed asset reports can be viewed
• Helps reduce costs by checking what assets already exist and not wasting money on them
• Time saved if necessary is on the list
• Knowing what someone has can help reduce losses simply by forgetting about assets they have acquired in the past
• Helps reduce credit without prior penalties
• Better service and resource management helps maintain tighter budgets
• Easy commissioning with a simple inventory system
There are various types of asset tracking systems available, which should be chosen according to individual needs. Some of the most popular asset tracking solutions available are:
1. Asset Tracking Software: You can start an asset tracking system by installing software on your computer which is connected to a central monitoring station using an IP connection or modem. This way you can keep track of the computers you use.
2. Tracking software: this will help you avoid penalties and fines that may be imposed for non-compliance.
3. GPS solutions: They are available in the form of two-way satellite technology and are useful for locating vehicles and trailers.