Have you ever considered triple bunk beds for your children? If you have not, then there's a good chance that you probably won't ever consider it. Parents who have children that sharing a room often overlook the possibility of triple beds. However, if you're like most parents, you'll quickly come to realize just how beneficial these beds really can be. Here are some of the benefits of choosing this type of bed.
– Made For Three Kids: Unlike regular twin and full-sized beds that only support two kids, triple bunk beds will actually accommodate three kids. They usually fit neatly into a corner of a room, making them easy to set up and take down. The extra space will allow you to place another bed or even a sofa in the room, giving you more sleeping space for everyone in the family. You'll also find that the beds can convert from a bed to a couch very easily, so you don't have to keep moving the beds around to make room for other furniture.
– Accommodate Three Kids With One Ladder: Unlike regular beds, triple bunk beds usually feature a built-in ladder that extends all the way from the top bunk to the lower one. This means that you don't have to worry about using a toddler's climbing frame to climb the ladder. Since the ladder is incorporated into the bed, it's usually resistant to breaking or wearing out, which makes it a long-lasting and sturdy ladder. Some models also feature handrails that extend from side to side for added safety. These handrails can be a little bit more expensive than the regular ones, however, so you'll need to weigh whether or not you value the safety features more than the look of the ladder.
– Less Clutter With Less Clearance: When you have three kids, it's inevitable that they will end up messing up with the other two by accident. This can often happen when you're cramming for exams or having a late night class. If your triple bunk beds have less clearance, this problem will likely be lessened. Since there are fewer steps leading from the top to the bottom, you will also have less carpet to clean, therefore keeping your bedroom tidy at all times.
– Higher Ceilings Equals Higher Safety: As mentioned before, the regular versions of triple bunk beds feature open ladders that only reach the third floor. However, the higher models of these types of beds have solid, closed ladders that reach the uppermost floors. The reason for this is so that you have more security as you sleep. Since open ladders are easy to steal, criminals will avoid putting themselves at risk by using them to gain access to your house. With the closed ladders, there are more barriers for them to climb, limiting their risks and therefore yours as well.
– Ladders With guardrails: These guardrails are another feature commonly found on standard triple bunk beds. Since most burglars look for entryways without guardrails, it's important that you get a bed with no ladder, so that you can easily reach your upper bunks when you wake up in the morning. Having guardrails on the ladders make it much harder for anyone to simply steal them and run away with your possessions. In addition, these kinds of guardrails also make it much easier for the police to find and apprehend perpetrators of nighttime crimes such as this.
– Ladders That Are Higher Than Normal Beds: Although most triple bunk beds have the standard A-frame design, some models have three separate beds on them, instead of just a single one. While these can provide more sleeping space, they also take up more space in your home since you have to place three separate beds. A good solution to this problem is to get a ladder with a seat attached onto it. This way, you can easily put your three beds together, without having to have three separate pieces of furniture. With this kind of ladder, you can have a seat for each bed, which makes it easier for guests to access your beds from the bottom, without having to disturb the others in the house.
– Extra Hardware: If you purchase triple bunk beds made out of wood, for example, you should look for extra hardware that goes along with it. Most standard twin-sized beds only come with two pieces of hardware, which leave room for the other accessories like a chair or a shelf. Other accessories would include trays for clothes, drawers, and bed sheets. Having additional hardware on your beds, especially those made of solid wood, gives it more value and adds to its aesthetic appeal. This is especially important if you are going to resell the beds at a later date, since it helps differentiate your beds from others that might be on display in a furniture store.